In Asia, scaffolding is frequently constructed out of bamboo. This more flexible material allows the structure to adapt more appropriately to the building it is supporting. Flexibility and adaptability are key ideas that inform our consultancy work.
Andamio offers a range of innovation, research, development, consultancy and training activities, that cover the whole project life cycle, from conception, design and development of project plans, to implementation and evaluation. We can help you design a project, support you in executing it, or execute it with you, manage a range of different aspects of the work or evaluate the work for you or an external body. Some examples of recent work include:
- Project for the strategic integration of ICT in schools – research, needs analysis , planning, training, implementation and evaluation.
- Participation in a EC financed network for the promotion of serious games in education.
- Design and drafting of a proposal for the use of social networks for language learning (subsequently accepted by the funding body)
- Design and implementation of a post-graduate diploma on education using Web 2.0 tools and virtual worlds
- Design and implementation of training course in advanced use of ICT for learning for teachers in mixed-mode occupational training.
- Consultancy to a project developing a learner-centred approach to motivation in secondary and vocational education.
- Consultancy to governmental body in Latin America on uses of ICT in rural education.
- Evaluation of a distance learning course on cervical cancer in Morocco.
- External evaluation of project focusing on innovation in secondary teaching using new technologies
Our work over the years has covered a wide range of educational sectors, ranging from preschool and primary, right through to work with in third age education. Apart from our expertise in project management, evaluation and quality assurance our areas of expertise include the use of new technologies in education, the educational uses of games, the use of mobile technologies in education, learner-centred pedagogies, learning interactions, assessment of learning, curricular integration of educational innovations, the personal learning environment, teacher training, multicultural learning, language learning and CLIL, literacy in digital contexts, rural education, and the uses of social media for learning, among others.